Acer Aspire XC-704: Can it be upgraded?

Options
Mjr-Trance
Mjr-Trance Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Dear Community,

First of all I want to make something very clear: No trolling, unhelpful, sarcastic, know it all, acting like you are better than me because of your technological prowess' sort of answers. Second: I am not going to trawl through thousands of threads to find my answer. I have been up for three days and nights straight looking for the answer to my enquiry. I am not being mean, or with an attitude, but I have been on enough forums to see what people are like when they have that ego issue with newbies.

My question is this:

Can An Acer Aspire XC-704, have its components upgraded to that of a more sophisticated machine, say for gaming? I am not sure how to find the motherboard number/serial, but I would be interested to know how.

My Specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

Processor

Intel® Pentium J3710

Memory (RAM) DDR3L 8GB

Hard Drive 2TB

DVD-Writer

Drive Interface

SATA 3 Gbps

Graphics

Intel® HD Graphics

DDR3L Shared graphics memory

Connectivity

802.11b/g/n wireless LAN

Gigabit LAN

PCI Slots

1x PCI Express® X16

Ports & Connectors

2x USB 2.0

2x USB 3.0

Network (RJ-45)

2x Yes Output

Power Supply

65 W

I have no idea what the heck that all is above, all I know is that this is what makes this computer (which I have to chuck coal into to make it work) work. So, is it possible to upgrade everything (save for the motherboard as I do not know which one it is) to gaming spec, not worrying about costs etc, just a yes or no answer is what I am looking for really. Because I need to sleep and I want to upgrade this raw deal I got on littlewoods. Or is it better to build a pc from scratch?