Acer Aspire XC-605-DT. I want to change the power source rat 220v, 33 A for a 110v one.What to buy?

Options
rey
rey Member Posts: 9 New User

I would like to change the power source of my computer which the rating of power is 220v-240v, 2A, 50HZ for a new one that works with 110v. What power source should I buy.

Thanks

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes it's this one. I don't find any information. As you can see, I'm french and all IT products are normally multi votage.

To be sure, I advise you to contact the french support (very friendly) by tchat or by email. You'll have the right information relative your case.

I wish you a good journey home.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You don't need to change the PSU. This one is multi voltage: 100-127/220-240VAC.

To confirm:

Could you give me the brand and the part number (P/N) of you Power Supply Unit?

France
  • rey
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for answering, the thing is that I have just bought the tower and I have not even tested it, so it would not be adviceable to break the back seal at least for the moment. I think I made a mistake writing 33 A in the tittle of the message because that is what is written on the fan of the PSU, but on the case it is written (rating 220v-240v, 2A,50HZ). So I am affraid it be the only voltage that make it work because at home we just have 110v. If any ideas come up I would appreciate it.

• laurent_14
    Options

In which country do you live?

France
  • rey
    Options

Now I am in France where it works but I will be going back to Cuba where it is not the same.

• laurent_14
    Options

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • rey
    Options

This is it  S/N: DTSRPEF030

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes it's this one. I don't find any information. As you can see, I'm french and all IT products are normally multi votage.

To be sure, I advise you to contact the french support (very friendly) by tchat or by email. You'll have the right information relative your case.

I wish you a good journey home.

France
  • rey
    Options

Ok, thanks for your help.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

May be I found the information: See the attachment (backsides of Aspire XC-605).

On the left of the picture, your desktop hasn't a voltage selector.

On the right of the picture, another Aspire XC-605 model with a multi voltage PSU.

Wait the Acer support answer and if you have to replace the PSU, I'll give you the part numbers corresponding.

France
  • rey
    Options

Every time I try to contact the support I cannot reach them. I went to the store today and they could not give me a solution either and yes, that is the back part of my pc. What do you have in mind? I have a friend in the States who is about to buy me a new power source, she just needs which one to buy, if you have an idea, just let me know.

Thanks

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

In France:

PY.2200B.011

POWER SUPPLY.220W.PFC

LITE-ON ACTIVE PFC 100127VAC/220-240VAC

In USA:

PY.22009.002

POWER SUPPLY.220W. NONE PFC

DELTA NONE PFC 115VAC/230V

France
  • rey
    Options

Thanks one more time for your assistance. One more question, Do I have to change the fan too or it is ok with the same one?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I suppose you talk about the cpu fan. You don't need to change it. It's powered by the motherboard in 12VDC (PSU).

Note:

PSU=Power Supply Unit

France
  • rey
    Options

I am sorry, I am new on it, now I supose that the PSU comes with its own fan

• laurent_14
    Options

You have no fans to change. (simpler)

France
  • rey
    Options

Thanks for your time and help.