Acer Aspire XC-603G no sound from speakers or headphones

Options
KrazyKanuk
KrazyKanuk Member Posts: 4 New User

I have tried to get sound working ever since I got the computer up. I have no sound at all from speakers or headphones only sound I hear is a beep when the computer first starts. I have tried using the audio drivers on the Acer driver download page for this model, tried the drivers from the Realtek website, tried disabling one of the audio devices in device manager and using the other tried reversing which one is disabled with still no luck. I do get a green barthat goes up on the speaker volume but still no sound. Since this is one of the most important things to get working I need to get this working so I can finish working on it and get it to the person this belongs to. Any help or suggestion on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I saw my neighbor try to plug some stuff in his Acer computer and it wouldn't work either.  He was trying to plug speakers in there that didn't have the right plugs on the end.  I'm not real savvy about headphones and speakers and the different types of plugs they have, but it would be something worth looking in to.

He ended up plugging his speakers in to his monitor.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

It looks like an hardware issue, XC-603 has a standard stereo plug, so no special jack is needed.

contact the Acer support service if still under warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • KrazyKanuk
    KrazyKanuk Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

It ended up I bought a USB sound card to bypass the sound card built into the system and it is working perfectly.