Acer Aspire XC-603 no sound over HDMI

Options
77jure
77jure Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I need help with drivers for XC-603!

As soon I install drivers for graphics I loose sound over HDMI! It works fine with generic windows drivers but there is no way to get sound on my TV as soon I install any of the drivers provided on the CD or downloaded from ACER site.

I already tried drivers from Intel site but no luck either.

Please help.

I went to my ACER service but since the desktop was bought in Germany they said that I dont have warranty in my country           ( What is with that ACER !!! It is 2014 and EU !!!)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

HDMI sound over Intel vga sometimes is very tricky.

i suppose you have windows 8.1.

with HDMI cable connected, right click on the speaker icon near date & clock at the bottom of yout screen.

choose playback devices.

right click on the playback devices windows and select show disconnected devices and hidden devices

check if HDMI sound appears and enabled it, right click and choose enable

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • 77jure
    Options

Ther is no way to do that becaouse there is no HDMI option in sound settings once I install intel audio display driver.

It is before installing it so its only driver problem!I tried many things from other forums....none of them work!

All I need is the right driver! Maybe an older version of this driver..

VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.10.3355375.2 MB2014/10/21

p.s. Yes I have win 8.1

• IronFly
    Options

windows key logo + X

device manager

click on view tab and tick show hidden devices

under Sound,video etc etc

what kind of devices are on list?

• 77jure
    Options

Intel Audio and Realtek HD audio

• IronFly
    Options

Intel audio must be the HDMI sound output, is greyed or disabled?

• 77jure
    Options

There is no icon for hdmi audio. Well it is until I install intel drivers!

I am not the only one with that problem but most of other users  are having that problem when upgrading from win8 to win 8.1.

I tried installing win 8, but no luck...as soon as I install Intel drivers the hdmi icon is at first greyed and when install is finished it disapears and the only icon remains is for the 3,5 jack(Realtek audio)

• IronFly
    Options

i mean on device manager, you have intel audio, this is enabled or hidden?

check this post:

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/26770-audio-over-hdmi-cable-not-working-hdmi-cable-not-plugged-2.html#post330070

• 77jure
    Options

It's enabled and according to device manager the device is working properly(yeah right...)

• IronFly
    Options

try this:

on device manager, right click on the Intel audio, choose uninstall and reboot.

Would you mind to check your BIOS version and update if older then this P11.B2:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_P11.B2_A_A.zip?acerid=635465135947001421&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20XC-603&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• 77jure
    Options

on device manager, right click on the Intel audio, choose uninstall and reboot.

Been there done that......no luck....funny thing uninstalling intel driver does not install win driver once you scan for hardvare changes it once again installs intel driver.

Bios is the latest version from acer XC-603 download page