Acer Aspire X3300 beeps not starting windows

himaryuk
himaryuk Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

I tried to update my Acer Aspire X3300 BIOS in Windows to version P01-A3 the program started but suddenly crash before completing and blue screen appears that PC runs into problem and need to be restarted, when I started the PC it beeps one long beep and one or two short beeps but not starting neither I can boot from USB or Access the BIOs, the PS2 Keyboard is not powering either,so is USB keyboard, what can I do?any help is very much appreciated.

thank you

Best Answer

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hi again, tried CMOS restting no changes, tried rebooting with USB stick, only beep pattern become repeated, and the led in the usb stick flicker, nothing on screen, mouse is powered, KB does not look powered OK.

Sorry to have to trouble you, but I am grateful for your help, I will close now but if you wish to contact me further I will be happy to hear from you.

thank you.

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Not sure if this link can help, but assuming all Acer desktops use the same botherboard beep codes...

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/232870/Acer-Aspire-M3970.html?page=90

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi,thanks for the link to the manual,this page shows the beeps most likey due to BIOS damage,if this is the case can I restore the BIOS and how?I hope you can help further and I appreciate your help of course.

thank you

• benton582

I am sorry to tell you that I can't help you with this situation, as my knowledge doesn't extend this far with BIOS. But I will use Google to try to explain what you should do.

Try this method: http://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-create-a-bootable-dos-usb-drive/

Get the BIOS update utility on the Acer Driver Page. Good luck! And please mark as a solution if this fixes your problem, this can really help.

If it does not, you might need a new motherboard, either by warranty, or get a board that fits all the compoments inside.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi and thank you for the support and link, the issue the PC bleeps but shows no sign of possible booting from USB, nothing on the screen,so I would imagine that I need to do something to be able to boot the pc into usb stick and can flash the BIOS, the BIOS update from Acer website was in windows so it can run in windows environment, it was not expected to damage the BIOS as it seems it runs so quickly before offering me any chance,I searched Google the only helpful information was to run CMOS resetting by jumpers, not sure if this can help, I have not tried it though.

Sorry to have to trouble you with my question I very much appreciate if you can help further.

Thank you

• benton582

Okay, I have very bad sad news. Your BIOS is damaged, not corrupted, but damaged. I confirmed it by finding the X3300's user manual online. But if the one long beep and two beeps repeat, it may indicate the video card is not seated correctly or intergrated GPU in your CPU is done for, but I doubt this is the case, as it is very, VERY rare. 

Back to your BIOS, I regret to inform you that the whole board has to be replaced, please contact Acer Support, but if your warranty has ended, I can help you find a new board that fits your PC.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi,thank you for the support and help,the warranty has ended sometime ago, I would be interested in board replacement if you can find one please let me know,is it Acer make or similar?

Kudo has left to thank you.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi again, I omiited in my reply that there is no installed video card, so PC presumably using the onboard videochip, I was thinking of the videocard when this beeps happens,but since it was the BIOS upgrading software that has caused this so it must be the BIOS,the Intel MB have trouble shoot guide if BIOS upgrrading fails in windows environment, but this is AMD MB so it is different.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi again,just to see if you are still connected,I emailed you bk no reply, I have counted the beeps again, they are one long followed by one short beep and is not repeating, I could not find this beep code in Acer manual,also no luck in finding similar MB.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

benton582 wrote:

Okay, I have very bad sad news. Your BIOS is damaged, not corrupted, but damaged. I confirmed it by finding the X3300's user manual online. But if the one long beep and two beeps repeat, it may indicate the video card is not seated correctly or intergrated GPU in your CPU is done for, but I doubt this is the case, as it is very, VERY rare. 

Back to your BIOS, I regret to inform you that the whole board has to be replaced, please contact Acer Support, but if your warranty has ended, I can help you find a new board that fits your PC.

Hi again,just to see if you are still connected,I emailed you bk no reply, I have counted the beeps again, they are one long followed by one short beep and is not repeating, I could not find this beep code in Acer manual,also no luck in finding similar MB.

• benton582

By the way, you can contact Acer Support for your exact motherboard if you don't want to deal with the trouble in case the motherboard is toast.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi, thank you very much for the reply and remembering me, I could not find beep with one long followed by one short beep in page 64 in the service manual that you send me, I also tried all AMI BIOS codes no similar code have listed (Acer use AMI BIOS), I have counted the beep again by starting the PC they are one long beep followed by one short beep and is not repeating,I am not sure if the MB is toasted as I was updating the BIOS from windows, will CMOS resetting can possibly help or I can try?

What Acer technical support can do if the PC is out of warranty?the MB is made by Acer and I have found its serial number but on asking some retailers they do not have this model in stock.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• benton582

I never forgot about you, I just never really had the time to assist you. It's been a rough week. And please keep noted, I am NOT offically hired by Acer. I am a volunteer.

As per your problem. The motherboard just needs to have the same size and ports for the system, ALTHOUGH, you will have to assemble this yourself. And I NOR ACER is responcible for answers you get here. I'm not saying this because I want to spite you, but because this is one of the rules of suggestions.

I will try to find your model and get a replacement closest to yours. I need a few hours to a day. BUT I WILL NOT FORGET YOU!

• benton582

If your CPU is a Athlon, and your computer's form factor is small, then THIS is your motherboard.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TO0B2W/?tag=pcpapi-20

HOWEVER. Keep in mind, I do not take responcibility for any advice I give, neither does Acer.

But I reccomend you use the case to house another motherboard for a better CPU. It would be much more cost effective and will boost the longitvity and performance of your device. But make sure if you do this, the motherboard and cpu must be carefully analyzed to fit in the case. And reuse all other compoments.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi, and thank you for the information, the CPU is Athlon II X3 425 triple core.the ECS MB look very similar except that CPU socket is further to the left as space is tight in this model SFF the DVD and HD will not fit as it cover all ram sockets, the manual you send me shows photo of this MB, it is available on amazon at unexpected price $420 or here in UK £420.

Finally before closing I have one more question is that as last thing to do can I try and reset CMOS?and what this beep is refering to the one long and one short.

Best wishes and thank you very much.

• benton582

Try resetting the CMOS by removing the respective battery, it's your last bet I guess.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hi again, tried CMOS restting no changes, tried rebooting with USB stick, only beep pattern become repeated, and the led in the usb stick flicker, nothing on screen, mouse is powered, KB does not look powered OK.

Sorry to have to trouble you, but I am grateful for your help, I will close now but if you wish to contact me further I will be happy to hear from you.

thank you.