Acer Aspire X1700 Ethernet controller driver not working

Options
mragsdale
mragsdale Member Posts: 2 New User

Help! A couple of days ago, I found that I couldn't get on the internet. My acer is plugged into the internet. I have had problems before with this happening and all I do is diagnose problem and then have it find the home network again. I've tried this solution numerous times and...nothing. I have called my internet provider and the line isn't down. I tried it on my laptop (turning off the wireless) and it worked.

Finally, an error came up error 819 stating that I needed to install and enable my ethernet connection. When I look for that connection, it saids that it's fine. Called the computer store in town and they told me download a new ethernet to a zip drive on my laptop and then install to the computer as it sounds like it was corrupted somehow. However, when I go to the acer.com and put in what I have, nothing says ethernet controller. What else would this be called? Is it a LAN drive?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi mragsdale

Yes the LAN driver is your Ethernet controller. Install this, and all should be good!

• mragsdale
    mragsdale Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

• printerman
    printerman Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same problem on my TM 4502. your website offered the same ethernet/network controllers, but neither worked.

I resorted to REaltek, and it worked.

• printerman
    Options

I did not know that LAN is my ethernet controller. All is not good when you double speak.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Printerman,

Are you still having problems with your ethernet controller (LAN) not working? I want to understand exactly what driver you are looking for, so I can best assist. Are you looking for the Realtek LAN driver for the TravelMate 4502 notebook, or were you able to find a driver that meets your needs?

• printerman
    Options

yes, the realtek appears fine.

its not the OEM that is still listed in the Device Manager as missing, but it works.