Acer Aspire V3 551g X419 Not Charging

MDB
MDB Member Posts: 3 New User

My current laptop, which is an Acer Aspire V3 551g X419 will not charge as of recently. It's a little over 2 years old, but I have replace both the battery and charger within the past 6 months, so I am mostly positive that neither one of them is at fault here. I've also tried getting the DC port replace in case that was error that was keeping it from charging, yet that turned up with zero results. So as it stands I have no clue what the issue could be or how I can resolve it.

And to add, the replacement charger and battery I am using both support 19V, as suggested. 

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

May be the power board.

France
  • MDB

By power board, you mean the mother board? If so any idea how much I am looking at to get it replaced?

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

You wrote: "I've also tried getting the DC port replace in case that was error that was keeping it from charging."

Have you replaced the DC connector or the DC IN cable?

The power board is not the motherboard. It is the board equipped with the power button.

Here are the part numbers:

Spoiler
    50.RZKN2.001CABLE.DC-IN.90W (CONNECTORS + CABLE)
    55.M03N2.001POWER.BOARD.W/FFC (BOARD+RIBBON CABLE)
    France
  • MDB

Okay thank you for clairfying. I'll try to see about getting those parts replaced as well, so hopefully that solves the issue.

Also I do want to mention that the led light under the power button does briefly flinker when pressed, just in case that helps deducting what is wrong.

And once again thanks, I really appricate the help.