Acer Aspire V-471 Graphics Card Dissapeared

Options
Anti-Jock6
Anti-Jock6 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi

I have an Acer Aspire V5-471-53334G50Mabb, it has an i5 processor with Nvidia 710m Graphics card.

The laptop had an issue where it did not want to boot after upgrading to windows 8.1, I figured out that it is a Bios fault and updated the bios with the files linked on the official website by entering the SNID number.

After that I updated to windows 10.

Here is my issue, after the bios update the graphics card dissapeared completely, I can't rollback the bios update due to upgrading to windows 10 and losing the previous windows, i'm not even completely sure that I could have went back to the previous version before updating either.

Can anybody recommend anything, it does not pickup when trying to install the software or in device manager. There is also no option for "swicthable graphics" in the bios.

Answers

• kmikszuta
    kmikszuta Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Dear Anti-Jock6,

I suggest that you either run recovery on your unit or install all needed drivers from www.acer.com (specially graphic and chipset one).

Can you check if you have any "uninstalled" Devices under My Computer > Properties > Device Manager ?

BTW. Which BIOS ver. is installed on your unit right now - is it latest 2.18? 

Best regards,

Karol

• Anti-Jock6
    Anti-Jock6 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply, what do you mean with recovery exactly?
    I have installed all updates and drivers from the website, i clean installed windows 8 back onto the laptop and upgraded again but to no avail, when I try to install nvidia drivers it just gives me a "no compatible hardware found" error. I have no uninstalled or unknown devices under device manager either, neither do I have more than one entry under graphics driver which is the intel hd4000 graphics. I even tried "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" even though it does show more devices when selecting the "show hidden devices" option the graphics card still does not show up, it is kind of like the graphics card is not present in the laptop. Yes it is the latest bios version available. It must be a bios issue but I can't seem to find the way to go to a previous version. Even if I reflash the latest one it does nothing. I am completely at my wits end.