Acer Aspire TC-780 disable onboard graphics

Options
starguy94
starguy94 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a brand new Aspire At-780 desktop and want to upgrade the graphics card to accomodate 2 monitors. The onboard graphics setting is greyed out in the bios. I have attempted to install a PCIe card after disabling the onboard in Device Mgr. Apparantly there is a conflict because the newly installed brand new card produces no output.

Are there any other options?

Answers

• Prisma
    Prisma Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000241 EndHTML:000004313 StartFragment:000003283 EndFragment:000004140 StartSelection:000003283 EndSelection:000004136 SourceURL: 

Hi, I have a similar problem:

I have a brand new Aspire At-780 desktop and want to use the onboard Intel HD graphics 630 card to accommodate 2 Acer monitors, one is 4k. First there was no boot on windows (no beep sound) and figured out that when I switched of the power of the 4K monitor, it will boot on the other monitor and then switch power on 4K monitor again.

I also have attempted to install my old PCIe 4K card with worked on my old Acer X3990 very well (not disabling the onboard video card in Device Mgr) and apparently there is a conflict because the newly installed brand-new card produces no output at all.

I read on other cases that disabling the onboard video card in Device Mgr. and after power off install the extended 4K card will work, butt apparently not in my case...

i hope someone have a solution, thx.

[edited to remove circular link]