Acer Aspire TC-780 and adding a graphics card, couldn't find any information

gtcharlie
gtcharlie Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Just purchased the aspire TC-780 for work and hoping to add a graphics card along with the on board card that came with the computer so I can run 4 monitors.  When I insert the nvidia card and boot up I get no output from either the onboard card or the nvidia.  Is this motherboard capable of running two cards at once or is the nvidia disabling the on board card?   couldnt find any information on what motherboard is used but this would be a real problem.   thanks for any help.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• franwalon
    franwalon Member Posts: 1 New User
  • Karleeto
    Karleeto Member Posts: 7 New User

I am having the same issues on my Acer Aspire ATC-780A-UR11 with a PNY GeForce 430 DDR3 1GB PCIe 2.0.  I even went as far as pruchasing a new 600W power supply.  Please if anyone has suggestions it would be greatly apreciated.  Thanks.

• SWSCHOCH
    SWSCHOCH Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same issues on my Acer Aspire TC-780AMZKI5 when trying to install an Nvidia GT-730, I even uninstalled the on-board Intel 630 GPU and computer still doesn't recognize the Nvidia hardware?

• tonyg4242
    tonyg4242 Member Posts: 6 New User

I am having the same issue installing my Nvidia card as well.  I get no output once i plug in the videocard.  I know the videocard works...do i have to turn off the onboard graphics in the device manager before plugging in the card?  I know my card will run on generic windows drivers until i can install the correct ones form the cd.  Any ideas?

• Karleeto

I may be wrong about this. But I have seen other posts stating the graphics card has to be UEFI compatible or something like that. Smiley Happy

• tonyg4242

My GeForce 730 GT is UEFI compatable.  Do i have to make a change in the Bios?

• tonyg4242

Update:

I think i figured it out.  I went to the device manager and disabled the onboard GPU, shutdown, uplugged power then installed the videocard.  Plugged up power and connected the monitor and voila!!  I then update the cards drivers and i am working now.  Hope this helps someone else!!

• Karleeto

When I go into BIOS it will not let me disable the onboard gpu.  Smiley Sad.  But you stated your graphics card is UEFI.  I don't beleive mine is.  It's a PNY GeForce 430.  An old card but It works well on my other PC.  I wish it would work on this one though.

• tonyg4242

Dont go through your Bios.  open the device manager from the control panel and disable from there.  then shutdown and install the card and plug into it and reboot.  

• Karleeto
  • Karleeto

Thanks, I will try that

• Prisma
    Prisma Member Posts: 2 New User

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000241 EndHTML:000004313 StartFragment:000003283 EndFragment:000004140 StartSelection:000003283 EndSelection:000004136 SourceURL:http://community.acer.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/aspire/message-id/11342

Hi, I have a similar problem:

I have a brand new Aspire At-780 desktop and want to use the onboard Intel HD graphics 630 card to accommodate 2 Acer monitors, one is 4k. First there was no boot on windows (no beep sound) and figured out that when I switched of the power of the 4K monitor, it will boot on the other monitor and then switch power on 4K monitor again.

I also have attempted to install my old PCIe 4K card with worked on my old Acer X3990 very well (not disabling the onboard video card in Device Mgr) and apparently there is a conflict because the newly installed brand-new card produces no output at all.

I read on other cases that disabling the onboard video card in Device Mgr. and after power off install the extended 4K card will work, butt apparently not in my case...

i hope someone have a solution, thx.

• JennK
    JennK Member Posts: 2 New User

Is it possible to use a GeForce 3060Ti video card in the acre aspire tc 780?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Yes, but you will have to also replace the power supply, the TC-780 models came with either a 22W or 300W power supply and neither of those will have enough juice to run a 3060 Ti.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.