Acer Aspire TC-708 new GPU issues

Options
jbond
jbond Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I am having similar issues discussed in this thread but none of the suggestions are working: http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-TC-780-and-adding-a-graphics-card/td-p/491525/page/2

I've purchased a brand new TC-708 and I'm trying to install my Radeon HD5770 from another computer.  After installing the card and powering on the computer, it just shows black screen (monitor shows no signal).  At first I thought the power supply was too weak, so I ordered a 700W power supply, but that didn't help.

Further troubleshooting this, I went into BIOS and tried to change the display adapter from onboard to the PCI, but that option is grayed out.  Then, I updated BIOS firmware to the latest available version hoping that might help, but to no avail.

I've also tried both - disabling and uninstalling - the display adapter through Device Manager in Windows with same results.

I have also tried different monitor and different ports (HDMI, DVI, DP) as well as a whole different GPU just to rule out that possibility.

What am I missing here?