Acer Aspire TC-105 UR11 built in video problem

Help4PCnow
Help4PCnow Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello, I recently bought an Acer Aspire TC-105 UR11 model this summer. When purchased, I quickly installed a new power supply with a Radeon R9 270 video card for faster game performance. I have since realized I never use games that need nearly that much power and never will, so I'd like to sell the graphics card.

Therein lies the problem, I took the R9 270 card out of the slot, plugged up the monitor into my PC's built in video port, and it was dead. The computer won't even boot up.

I am at a loss for how to fix this as the A10 has a sufficient Radeon HD 8670D built in that I desperately want to use! Here are the steps I've taken so far:

1) browsed through all BIOS settings and cannot see an "enable" selection.

2) removed the battery on the motherboard to erase any settings

3) used the clear CMOS jumper to ensure any default settings were erased

No matter what I do, I cannot get the computer to even boot up when I take the R9 270 out of the PCI Express slot. The computer doesn't even get to the BIOS, it is dead.

What in the world is going on, any why would this be the case? The system works wonderfully otherwise. I would like to sell this card and need help!! Thanks to anyone who can help resolve this.

Answers

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter

have you tried putting the R9 card back in, then try to boot, if that works then go into the control panel and uninstall the AMD drivers for the card, then shut down the computer, pull the card and put the cable on the other video connection and boot back up, the old driver must be removed first before the other port will function.

if that is not the issue since you replaced the power supply just recheck that all the cables are seated, possible one came loose when you removed the video card {happens}

• Help4PCnow

I did uninstall Catalyst software, and uninstalled the driver in the device manager of the R9 270 card. In regards to the power supply, I've checked every cable several times.

Let me be sure I am clear of what the issue is, when I take the R9 270 graphics card out of the PCIx slot, and I try and boot the computer, the computer doesn't even power up. It is as if there is a hardware setting somewhere that I cannot access that has completely disabled the onboard video.

It is worth noting when I push the power button with the R9 270 uninstalled, the fan on the CPU turns for a split second then the system shuts down, as if it can't detect video and keeps it from turning on.

Are there any hidden BIOS settings I'm not privy to that could cause this?

• Help4PCnow

Several days have passed, and further testing shows no change this far. If there is a disable/enable on board video option in the BIOS, it is completely gone or has disappeared. I don't have anything to indicate it can be disabled or enabled.