Acer Aspire T3-710 - does it support 32Gb RAM ?

Jammedherbs
Jammedherbs Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

Hi, 

I recently purchased a T3-710 (SNID ************* if that helps) and wondered if I could replace the 2 x 8Gb modules with 2 x 16Gb to take me up to 32Gb ?

Is this possible as the online memory manufacturers' scanning tools seem to suggest it only supports a max of 16Gb whereas the advertising specs state 32Gb ?

Many thanks

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

t371032.PNGt3710mem.PNG

The official specs say 32.

Acer says 32.  Crucial says 16.

I don't have a T3-710 or that mainboard.  I don't work for Acer.........so I can't give you a definitive answer.

If I had that computer, I would assume that if I had the latest BIOS, 32 would work (if you can find compatible 16 GB modules).  If for some reason it didn't I would send the memory back.  

It may be a situation where a 16 GB module will work, but there aren't any compatible 16 GB modules available that will work.  Compatible being the key word here.  You can't just stick any 16 GB ram module in there.

Might be safer to just stick with Crucial or Kingston 8x2=16 total ram.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=&Mfr=ACE&Line=Aspire&Model=94769

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers