Acer Aspire Switch 10 - Wlan/Wifi-Problem

twenty
twenty Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello,

My english isn't really what you call good, but i will try my best.

I bought the acer aspire switch a few days ago and this evening I have decided to get my router going once again. Evertything worked fine. My older Laptop and my mobile Phone connected without trouble and the Desktop-PC does as well.

Only thing that doesn't connect to the Wifi is my Aspire Switch. It only connects if i deactivate the Security Passkey. As soon as i turn on WPA, WPA 2 or WPA/WPA2 it just disconnects (the router says there is psk/tkip is activated - dunno what this means, but i even if i change tkip to aes the aspire switch won't work).

Would be great if you guys have an idea. I am not exactly an expert when it comes to problem like this, but the aspire switch can't be incompatiible to my router because it connects just fine if i turn off WPA.

reagrds

edit: The device uses Windows 8.1 i haven't changed a thing yet. The router is the D-Link Dir 300.

http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=D-Link%20DIR-300%20Wireless%20Router&vendor=D-Link&Locale=1031&BreadCrumbPath=router%20d%20link&LastSearchTerm=router%2Bd%2Blink&Type=Hardware&tempOsid=Windows%208.1

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

twenty,

Have you tried the Switch 10 on another wireless network to see if the problem persists? I am not familiar with the router you are using and if it is an older router it may need a firmware update or I might even suggest replacing it with a newer wireless router.

I would first try connecting to another wireless network as it seems the switch 10 is able to connect just not with the router/settings your are using. If the Switch 10 was having a hardware issue, you would not be able to connect at all.