Acer Aspire Switch 10 : Dead.

fuctifinomate
fuctifinomate Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all..

Yesterday morning, while I was reading the news, my Acer decided to switch itself off for no apparent reason.

To my knowledge, it wasn't due to update and it had a full battery ( it was on charge overnight ) but the screen just went black and turned off.

While not plugged to the mains I have no light indicators at all. On plugging it in I get a momentary blue light at the on/off switch that goes to orange after a second. 

Does anybody have any ideas on probable cause / solution ?

thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try this, Blue LED must be off:

long press volume UP + power button

after 10-15 seconds it will boot to BIOS, exit without saving and check if it boots to windows.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • fuctifinomate

hi ya..

thanks for the reply.

something has changed in that I can no longer get to orange state . The light is now either blue or off dependant on plug in / out . 

I have just tried your suggestion in both states, trying both keyboard volume and side volume. Nothing !. 

I am typing this on an exact same ACER...my wifes.  Looking at the light indicator..I get the following :

( based on 47% battery life )

Unplugged - no light 

plug in -momentary blue then orange.

not sure if this is relevant but hey...try anything ! 

thanks

• IronFly

Sorry, it was tablet power button + volume up

if it goes blue then nothing, battery is full charged.

if you long press power button only?

please disconnect the keyboard and then try again power button + volume UP with charger connected and no LED on.

• fuctifinomate

hi ya..

still nothing !... it doesn't want to play !. 

I have tried your suggestions....tried swapping keyboards /  chargers... nothing . just a black screen / no lights...playing dead .

• IronFly

Are you sure the screen is really shut down, please go to a dark room and check if backlight is visible.

if it's completly black and you can't reset it using power button + volume up combination....give a call to Acer support service.