Acer Aspire RAM Upgrade Need Help

dragon745
dragon745 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello,

This is Syed Here,

I have Acer Aspire E-522 for more model look at below Picture of its Label.

[edited for privacy-removed image which displayed  serial number]

It has 4GB memory I need to add another 8 GB and very much confuse which one to buy… first I need to do is DDR3 & SD DDR3 ram are defferent or same thing.

And the old RAM supposed to match Frequency of NEW RAM, for more detain on my present RAM frequency see Picture Below.

RAM.jpg

I found this RAM on Snapdeal will this work???
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/corsair-ddr3-8-gb-1/1318025238#bcrumbLabelId:703

If not can any one suggest me what RAM to buy from SNAPDEAL.com or amazon.in

Thanks in Advance for the wonderful support you are going provide…

I have also notice after installation of WINDOWS 10 my laptop is getting very HOT any suggestion on that too???

Kind Regards,
Syed,

Answers

• Hello, First I am no Expert and I don't work for Acer but I do have plenty of the Acer products. 

It looks like your computer takes the same type as mine. So can your system take a 1 stick 8gig that your link took me to NO. It looks like your Laptop would need 2 stick at 4gig each to get the 8gig max that the laptop takes. 

CT4484365

• DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V •
    • upgrade for Acer Aspire E1-522 system.

I hope this Helps You can also use other Ram that just happens to be the first I looked at. 

About cooling of your system, I am not sure why it would heat up. Out of all my Laptop/Netbooks that I have running Win10 on only 1 seems to warm up but I don't worry about it to much and use a Cooler Stand to keep some fans blowwing on it while being used for lomg time.

James

• dragon745

Hi RevoMaxx,

Thanks for Quick reply. the thing is I am from india and that perticular kit is not avialable here.

but I found something really close to it, I Would be glad if someone check it out and tell me I can use it for my Lappy..

http://www.amazon.in/Crucial-PC3-12800-Unbuffered-NON-ECC-1-35V/dp/B009RBN6I6?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=54935d30-8842-4814-960e-e9fd83ed51a3&kpid=B009RBN6I6

Thanks & Kind Regards.

Syed,

• Hello again. I want to again let you know that I don't work at Acer or the Momory Manufacture. I did look up the Ram by the part # and I did look in the CHECK to see if it would work for your computer and the WEBSITE said yes it 

This part is compatible!

However after I put in your computer and Press CHECK it does come back with another part number that I posted before so I am wondering if it is doing that because I am a USA person... I hope this helps 

James

• Hello dragon745,

What model do you own exactly?

France
  • dragon745

its exaclt model number:

Aspire E1-522-65204g50Mnkk

1. If I understand correctly, you would like to upgrade 4+8Gb. That's correct? Your laptop supports up 8Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2x4Gb).
    2. You can find the brand part number of actual memory module with HWINFO portable version (no installation)
    3. What OS do you use 32 or 64bit?
    France
  • dragon745

I am using 32 Bit Windows 10 and Yes I wanted to Upgrade it to 4GB + 8GB but i wont be abe to do that... I will try th e software you link....

Thanks...

• Windows 10-32 bit supports up to 4Gb. You can't upgrade.

France
  • dragon745

I am sorry I types 32 bit by mistake its 64 Bit... windows 10