Acer Aspire M3450-UR30P

Options
jpmackay
jpmackay Member Posts: 13 New User

I have been trying to get the graphic card working but unfortunately not. I decided to swtich the graphic card from Asus AMD Radeon 7770 2 GB to Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 750TI 2 GB on my desktop. I am not sure why the Nvidia graphic card will not work in this desktop. I thought that both graphic cards are very similar. Anyway after took the AMD graphic card out and put in Nvidia graphic card on the PCI-E slot then start up the desktop and got the black screen but with the words on bottom left of the monitor screen. " F2 BIOS and F12 Boot Menu " Also the logo with Acer on the screen at first. I am wondering if I do have to change the BIOS or something in the desktop to get this Nvidia graphic card recognized in Windows 10 operating system. OF course I did uninstalled the AMD program and driver at first before shut down to change the card. 

Any idea how to get this Nvidia graphic card work on AMD motherboard.

Thank you,

John 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Put your AMD Radeon 7770 and boot.

If you are not at it already, install the latest Bios.

BIOSAcerBIOSP01.A42.3 MB2012/08/08Download

test the Nvidia card in another computer

Go to Control ceenter and install any graphice driver you find, even the Radeon, so when you shut down and try the Nvidia again, you have default Graphics drivers.

The Nvidia may be incapatable with your bios.

• jpmackay
    jpmackay Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

OK thought that I should explain a little about my desktop upgrade. I upgrade my desktop with 750 watts power supply unit from 525 watts psu also AMD FX 6300 from FX 6100. Got the graphic card from MSI and it's MSI Radeon R9 380 DirectX 12 Gaming 4 GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card. Right now I have Asus Radeon HD 7770-2GD5 2GB DirectX11 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support video card on my desktop which is working with no problem but with MSI graphic card I got black screen on the LED monitor. And see the fans and the light of the MSI graphic card is working and running too inside my motherboard on my desktop. I don't understand why is one graphic card working and other is not working. Also what caused this for not show anything on the monitor screen? I believe that those 2 graphic cards are very similar but one is working and other is not working. Any solution to solve this problem.

Thank you,

John