Acer Aspire E15 keyboard not working?

Options
frostybird
frostybird Member Posts: 1 New User

(i'm going to try and explain this the best i can)

My Acer Aspire E15 laptop's keyboard has stopped working so I'm typing this with an external keyboard. I've only had this laptop it for a little over a year and having the keyboard just stop working is very dissapointing and a little frustrating. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any possibility of getting this repaired, because I've been informed that the keyboards of these laptops are connected to the motherboard in a way that would require getting a whole new motherboard just to replace the keyboard. I don't know if this is true or if there is anyway to repair my keyboard without replacing the whole **bleep** motherboard, so if anyone knows it would be awesome if you could help me out. 

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options
    Not sure where they got that info. However you can replace the keyboard. That does take some doing. But I think a person would most likely replace the whole top part. That is track pad and all. I would say look on eBay for you type and see if they have any.

When you take apart you remove power, battery, 14 or 16 screws from the bottom. Remove drive from the bay. Use old credit card to separate the 2 half. Then there is some ribbon cables that would need to be removed carefully. If you got the whole thing. Then put in New one same way you took out old. However if you just got the keyboard you will bee to take out 8 to 10 more screws peeling tape from the ribbon cables and to access the small screws then the keyboard can be removed. For me I would try and find whole top plate would be less work.

James