Acer Aspire E1-531-4694 - Can't Find Wi-Fi after Downgrade

Options
Nameless5643
Nameless5643 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I've recently wiped my Acer Aspire E1-531-4694 laptop, which originally had Windows 8 that was upgraded to Windows 10, and installed Windows 7 Professional on it. The problem that I'm having is that my laptop is unable to pick up any Wi-Fi conenctions.

I tried to install the respective WLAN driver (Aetheros), but I don't believe it actually installed anything and I do not know where the "ndis6xWin7" files are supposed to go.

Best Answer

• Nameless5643
    Answer ✓
    Options

Never mind, found the solution myself.

Just get the Windows 8.1 version of the driver anyways, the install there works on Windows 7 as well.

Answers

• Nameless5643
    Options

Oh, this is the wrong subforum.

• Nameless5643
    Answer ✓
    Options

Never mind, found the solution myself.

Just get the Windows 8.1 version of the driver anyways, the install there works on Windows 7 as well.

• kelly70
    kelly70 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Dont you just miss the days when you brought  a new pc , laptop ..w/e .., you recive org windows dvd -cd ,drivers  disk along with soft-ware sometimes you even got extras...now days wit the windows 10 upgrade which more then most older dest tops - laptops can run with out a problem provding you have enough ram (whtch has always been the case since the early 486 dx ) digital ownership  now days !!! WHAT WE PAY FOR !!! AND just like our friend above  as we are all a victium of  lost of this  rightfully own soft-ware  (THAT WE PERCHASED) IS LOST !!! in updates  from one ver sion to another ...loosing a email  / phone ..veracation  is almost impossable to retrive .. inrespects  ACER  , microsoft  , spseaking in behalf of my self and the millions of  PC users ...give what we pay for ...org installment disks  ..including  preinstallment digital  copy.... god dam mess tying to find drivers  windows ver  ....ahhhh 

sadly ik this not gona happen  Smiley Sad   ~but just think about it the fist whole salers does this  i reckon with out a doupht  their sales would be up  and have a edge over their competitives  *****now thars a thout  isnt it ???*****