Acer Aspire BIOS recovery procedure

himaryuk
himaryuk Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I ran BIOS update program accidentally in my Acer Aspire desktop PC in windows 10 environment, the program started suddenly and run into DOS window then it crashes before completing, not sure what stage was when crashed into BSOD, which needed PC to restart, on restarting, no Acer logo, just black screen and PC beeps one long one short beeps, tried to boot from USB but as long as screen is black I cannot do anything, only beeps become recurring.

Not sure how to recover the BIOS, if any one had this issue with the BIOS and manage to recover the BIOS, I very much appreciate their help on what to do.

Thank you

Best Answer

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hi, thank you for the information and link which I found very useful, and informative, for finding the correct BIOS I could not find option to select the OS, the OS is required for downloading the drivers only.I am not sure how to settle this point and that if OS is or is not required when downloding the BIOS.

I also found some information in the user manual on the BIOS version and also how to recover BIOS failure in page 25, but it is not clear which BIOS to use the original one when shipped or the latest release or any one between the two dates of release?

What is meant by the wrong BIOS is it model specific, wrong model, or wrong date?

Thank you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Make sure you download the correct BIOS for your specific product and use the following steps in the given order. Installing an incorrect BIOS update may cause serious damage to your computer system.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15798#_ga=1.223384728.263337500.1415824428

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15796#_ga=1.248615172.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • himaryuk

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hi, thank you for the information and link which I found very useful, and informative, for finding the correct BIOS I could not find option to select the OS, the OS is required for downloading the drivers only.I am not sure how to settle this point and that if OS is or is not required when downloding the BIOS.

I also found some information in the user manual on the BIOS version and also how to recover BIOS failure in page 25, but it is not clear which BIOS to use the original one when shipped or the latest release or any one between the two dates of release?

What is meant by the wrong BIOS is it model specific, wrong model, or wrong date?

Thank you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

In the link below, someone had a 1 long and 1 short and was able to get their computer working again by removing their cmos battery for about 20 minutes.  Try removing your cmos battery for about 20 minutes.  And then put your cmos battery back in.   That's my only suggestion.  Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278872-one-short-beep-one-long-beep.html

http://www.howtogeek.com/131623/how-to-clear-your-computers-cmos-to-reset-bios-settings/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • himaryuk

Tinkerer

The first link you send was one short then one long beep,which is different from the help codes I had (One long one short beep) which refer to BIOS being corrupted in the BEEP codes in the manual.

THE CMOS did not do anything as everything was black, nothing  on screen.

I solved the issue by following the BIOS recovery procedure in the PC manual page 25, the BIOS was recovered and PC started immediately in 1-2 minutes fully.

Thanks

• JordanB

ok, good deal.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Thank you for assisting me I appreciate this,by the way do youknow the latest BIOS for this model or which BIOS to recoomend or are they all same?

• JordanB

You listed your computer model as "Acer Aspire desktop PC in windows 10 environment".

Can you answer the following questions?

1.  What is your exact computer model?  For example, I have an Acer Aspire TC-605-UR13 that is currently running Windows 10, but originally came pre-installed with Windows 8.1.

2.  Can you please post a screenshot of Disk Management and tell me if you have an EFI partition?  I'll post my screenshot of my computer as an example using Windows Snipping Tool.

diskefi.JPG

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

The model is Acer Aspire X3300 with AMD Athlon II AM3 core 3 CPU 2.7Ghz.

Snap shot attached of

Capture.JPG

• JordanB

What operating came pre-installed on your computer when you bought it?

What BIOS version are you using now?

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

It was Windows 7 Home premium x64 pre installed, then I upgrade to Windows 10 Home premium x64.

The BIOS now is P01-A3 it is the only one I have, previously the original BIOS was P01-A0.

• JordanB

I understand your confusion now.

I will try to find out what you should do.  It might take a few days to find out.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Ok thank you in advance.

• JordanB

One last question.

Did you ever update to P01.B2 ?

Or did you go directly from P01.B0 to P01.B3 ?

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Never tried to update the BIOS to B2 or B3, I have only BIOS P01-A3.

• JordanB

Ok thanks.  It will probably be several days or more to get an answer.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

OK thank you very much all the best

• JordanB

If you don't hear anything from Acer within the next month, then it's probably best to just stay with your current BIOS that you have installed now.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

OK thank you very much for letting me know,kindly whom I expect to contact me from Acer?

• Houndsong
    Houndsong Member Posts: 6 New User

"If you don't hear anything from Acer within the next month..." Smiley FrustratedSmiley Sad