Acer Aspire AXC-603G update 9 of 99 problem.

Options
0videomanss0
0videomanss0 Member Posts: 2 New User

Went to shut down computer this morning.  installing update 9 of 99 do not shut down.  woke the computer up this evening to a screen that says unable to complete updates restoring changes.  nothing happening for two hours.  restarted.  Now at screen that says Acer Explore Beyond Limits updating your system (0%).  Can't get past that screen and nothing happening.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Here is what I had to do,, It is kind of a Pain and will go faster or slower depending on your internet speed and MS traffic....

Log on your computer... Let to access your updates for about 4 to 5 mintues. Then click to restart and let the little maybe 5 to 15 updates to update. Do that again for about 4 to 5 minutes. Then restart your computer... Once you do that a couple of times your updates can go for the rest... I had it set after doing a System Restore and had like 154 updates and that was how I was able to get them to all update.. Just had to do a 2 or 3 times smaller update pack...

If your Internet speeds are slower you maybe should wait for 10 min... Also some files can be rather large.. some rather small so it can be hard to gauge...

That did work for me Hope it works for you as well

James

• 0videomanss0
    0videomanss0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Couldn't even access the computer to do what you suggested.  Ended up doing a complete refresh and starting over from scratch.  Had to reinstall Office and some other software I had added.   Problem was the updates would go so far and then freeze.   At least it got rid of some of the apps that came with the computer that I would never have used.  Saw one other suggestion to turn off McAffe while the update is happening.  Couldn't find how to do that either so not allowing update at this time.   Probably be a large update necessary for Office 2007.  I know there is at least two service packs for that.  Afraid to try again until I know if turning off McAffe will help or not.