Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW13 Desktop PC received but won't load windows

Options
KrazyKanuk
KrazyKanuk Member Posts: 4 New User

Bought a Acer Aspire AXC-603G and when I received it the operating system wouldn't boot. I put a new 2TB drive in it and was able to install Windows 7 but missing drivers and no matter what I do I can't get the speakers or headphones to work and since that is what is used most this just won't do. With it loading Windows 7 on a seperate hard drive I assume that the problem is with the included hard drive being corrupt or the MBR being messed up. I tried with the original hard drive in to hit ALT +F10 and go to advance options and reset it to factory settings, this goes to 88% the reboots and gives me a blank black screen and am able to do nothing. My question is it possible to transfer the Recovery and Drivers to the new 2TB drive or a USB drive and format and repartition the 2TB drive put the recovery and driver partitons on it boot it and allow it to do the recovery to factory specs.

I am able to connect the 2TB drive as a master drive and the included 500GB as a slave with no optical drive in Windows 7 and view the partions on the included drive using Windows 7 diskpart. Should I bother with this or just contact where I bought this and have them send me the acer recovery disks?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can try to clone the whole disk but....if the stock HDD has some bad sector, you are loosing your time, since the cloning operation will report the same errors.

so, if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call or contact your seller.

About drivers:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5175;-;Aspire%20XC-603G

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • KrazyKanuk
    KrazyKanuk Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

It ended up that it wasn't the computer at all or the hard drive as expected it was I was using an old monitor to set it up and it was the monitor that would not return from sleep mode, switched monitors and was able to restore it to factory specs and set up windows

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Good to hear it. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.