Acer Aspire AX3-100-EF10 - any possible video cards?

Options
TJTO
TJTO Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello - I was just curious if anyone may know if there would be any graphics cards that could/would fit into an Acer Aspire AX3-100-EF10 keeping in mind it's a mini tower as well as an older model..any idea what model graphic card would fit and be relatively affordable? Thanks

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

The case is pretty small. You will need a low profile Graphics Card in order to fit. I managed to find only 3.

They are ordered in performance from lower to higher. Links from newegg.

Nvidia GeForce GT1030 - There are many variants, pick the one you like mostly. In the specifications, it is shown that the recommnded power supply unit(psu) is 300W, but its power consumption is 30W, so I think your 220W PSU should do the job.

AMD Radeon RX 550(MSI) - 50W power consumption.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050(Gigabyte) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050(MSI). 75W power consumption.

It is possible that the AMD RX550 and GTX 1050 won't run on your PC, because I don't know how much power can go through the PCI-e slot you have. So you can additionally contact Acer and ask them whether the last 2 GPUs(AMD Radeon RX 550 and GTX 1050) will be compatible.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Options
    Can you write what is the graphics card you currently have in the system. And the wattage of the power supply.

I don't know the amount of space you have inside. Can you post the width of your PC? And relatively affordable - how much you want to spend for a new GPU?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• TJTO
    Options

Hello thanks for responding.

The graphics card I currently have in my PC is an onboard graphics card - the processor is an AMD A6-6400K APU with an onboard AMD Radeon™ HD 8470D video card.

I have attached pics of the power supply (sorry kind of bad when comes to reading these labels and looking for which numbers it is you're looking for) as well as the open tower to help you see what I'm working with.

The width of the PC is 4 inches, height is 11 inches, and not sure if you need to know or if it's relevant but there is 8 inches of space between the DVD drive and the other side of the wall of the PC as I imagine that is the general area where the video card will be going in.

In terms of how much I would like to spend .. well really it all depends on the circumstances - whether the video card I find will be able to give me enough of a boost that the extra cost will make sense or whether it would be more than it's worth etc., so if you wouldn't mind giving me a few suggestions or ideas I would much appreciated.

Again thanks for your reply.

20170924_103343.jpg20170924_103335.jpg

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options

The case is pretty small. You will need a low profile Graphics Card in order to fit. I managed to find only 3.

They are ordered in performance from lower to higher. Links from newegg.

Nvidia GeForce GT1030 - There are many variants, pick the one you like mostly. In the specifications, it is shown that the recommnded power supply unit(psu) is 300W, but its power consumption is 30W, so I think your 220W PSU should do the job.

AMD Radeon RX 550(MSI) - 50W power consumption.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050(Gigabyte) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050(MSI). 75W power consumption.

It is possible that the AMD RX550 and GTX 1050 won't run on your PC, because I don't know how much power can go through the PCI-e slot you have. So you can additionally contact Acer and ask them whether the last 2 GPUs(AMD Radeon RX 550 and GTX 1050) will be compatible.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• TJTO
    Options

That's great thanks so much for the quick reply and assistance finding these..

After looking at each of their specs etc. , along with the knowledge I have of video cards, I think as it stands I would be inclined to for the Nvidia GeForce GT1030 - not so much for the price as it looks like regardless they're all about the same price give or take 20 bucks - but knowing that I pretty much have the OK that it will run with my PC is a bonus - I guess in your opinion would it make much of a difference for me basic gaming wise or is it worth getting? Between the 3 which would you be inclined to lean towards as well? Thanks again!

• ven98
    Options
    I would also pick GT 1030, mostly because of the less power consumption and good value. The reason why I am concerned about the power consumption is because the pcie x16 slot(I think it should be x16) power output is 75W but some manufacturers limit it to 45W, even less.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• TJTO
    Options
    Awesome thanks for all your help dude!