Acer Aspire AX1920-ER20P suddenly can't find my network adapter

mikenowo
mikenowo Member Posts: 28 New User

My Acer Aspire AX1920-ER20P suddenly can't find my network adapter (doesn't show up in Device Manager, there is NO Network tab). It was working fine a few hours ago. How can I have windows recognize the device and show it in Device Manger so I can update drivers if necessary or reconfigure it? I'm not sure which network card is in it and how to find out.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The options is here, look at your pics.

About the adapter, it will work.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

on Device manager, have you enabled "show hidden devices" under View tab?

• mikenowo

Yes I have, but it doesn't show any actual device, only virtal ones. On my other PC which is also an Acer Aspire it shows the actual adapter which in that case is a Nvidia nforce, also on that PC it DOES have the Network Adapter tab in Device Manager. It seems that on the other PC it is just not recognizing that the the adapter exists anymore which is odd because it was fine the day before. ( I actually opened the PC up and saw that it is a small silver box with a USB connection as well that is attached to the motherboard. The USB connection works fine so I don't get why it can't find the network adapter portion of the same box all ofa sudden)

• IronFly

Check on BIOS (integrated peripherals) if Network LAN is enabled, if so, check under Advanced BIOS/network device priority if any LAN peripherals is listed.

if it's not listed, probably your LAN adapter is gone.

• mikenowo

Network LAN is enabled but when I go into Advanced BIOS 'network device priority' isn't even an option in the list :-/

Here's a photo of what is in Advanced BIOS:

Bios.jpg

• IronFly

so if it's missing under the "network device priority" list...probably is gone. Smiley Sad

• mikenowo

But there isn't even a "network device priority" option in the Advanced BIOS list at all as you can see in the photo. Shouldn't the option at least be there?

and by gone I assume you mean shot/dead/defunct?

If so, I was thinking of getting a 'StarTech USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet NIC Network Adapter'. It seems to imply that by connecting it to a USB 2 port then connecting my Ethernet cable to the adapter that I will be able to connect to the internet again. You ever come across these, if so would this work?

Startech adapter.jpg

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    The options is here, look at your pics.

About the adapter, it will work.
  • mikenowo

Wow ok must have been blind Man Surprised

Looks like I'll pick up that adapter then, thanks for the help!