Acer Aspire ATC-705-UR5B - Dual Channel 1600MHz Memory Only Running Single Channel?

Options
ckweb
ckweb Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I just bought a refurbished Acer Aspire ATC-705-UR5B w/ Win 10.

It came with 12GB of Dual Channel DDR3 Memory @ 1600MHz.

The memory however is only running at 798MHz. I can't find an option in BIOS to enable Dual Channel Memory.

Can anyone help me get the memory working at full capacity or did they mess up when refurbing this unit?

Thanks!

Answers

• ckweb
    Options

Bumping this hoping someone can help.

My computer was also supposed to come with a manufacturer's warranty but I can't get Acer to respond and the warranty is almost expired now.

Smiley Sad

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

It's working normally. Theres' nothing you need to do in BIOS.  It's working fine.

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.76-en.zip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_data_rate

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    Options

ddr.PNG

• ckweb
    Options

Hey, thanks for your help.

I read the post you linked but my main concern is that not only does Speccy and other tools read the Memory as 798MHz, but there is no option for using single or dual channels in the BIOS like most compatible motherboards have.

For example, in the threads link, the OP mentions he has it set correctly in BIOs, whereas I have no option to even set it.

Thanks.

• JordanB
    Options

I went ahead and deleted that link since it has caused you some confusion.

The OP was probably referring to timings.  Most mainstream boards don't allow you to mess with timings due to the fact that there would be so much technical support required to help people that mess up their computer.  I can't say that I blame them for hiding those settings in the BIOS.  Your memory is running at 1600 which is the fastest that your TC-705 Intel H81 chipset can handle..  So there's absolutely zero benefit from making those settings available in the UEFI.  Even if Acer were to enable settings to alter timings or other memory settings......it wouldn't make sense because your ram is already running the max speed that the cpu can support on H boards. (You have Intel H81).  It's not just Acer.  It's the same exact deal with ASUS Intel H81/H87 Haswell boards.

Anyway, your computer is working perfect normal and running at the max speed possible (1600).  Smiley Happy

You can post a screenshot of cpuz if you'd like.

• JordanB
    Options

Can you see where I circled in red dual channel below?

ddredt.png

• JordanB
    Options

I'll post this link again in case you missed it the first time.

800 x 2 = 1600

Double Data Rate =DDR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_data_rate

• JordanB
    Options

800 x 2 = 1600

jedec.PNG