Acer Aspire 603G and Netowrk Adaptor

druidish
druidish Member Posts: 5 New User

Last night when I went to bed I had complete usage of my computer, but when I got up this morning I did not.

*I do not shut my computer down at night, it just goes into sleep mode and I will reboot it every couple days, or as needed.  

*I have Windows Update set to download updates automatically, but not install them until I say.

This morning I woke up and noticed that Windows Update downloaded some updates, so I did what I normally do and installed them and rebooted computer.  After computer started back up I had no internet access.  The icon on the tray showed a red X.  Ran the troubleshooter and no problem found.  Opened up Network and Sharing Center and it showed no networks and no network adaptor. 

Went to the Device Manager and my adaptor was not listed. Clicked show Hidden Devices and there it was.  I uninstalled the adaptor and did a reboot, thinking it would clear up the issue.  It did! Sorta.  Now my network adaptor is showing a Code 12, insufficent resources to run. 

After opening the Properties of the Network Adaptor, looking around and closing that, it said "Changes made, reboot?"  Oh hell, why not I think, so I did.  Voila, I got internet access back.  Rush to the acer site and grab the Adaptor driver.  Totally removed the old drivers and installed them fresh from the site. Reboot and bam! no internet access again.

Uninstalled the adaptor, again, reboot and got internet back.  Then I did the next stupid thing, updated my AVG and had to do a restart for it to complete.  Lost internet again. So now I am here typing this on my IPhone, hoping for some help.

How can I keep my adaptor working ALL the time and not have to keep uninstalling/reinstalling it every time I reboot my computer?