Acer Aspire 5810TG, bluetooth cannot be found nor turned on

Options
Thelion78
Thelion78 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

For the first time ever, I needed a blutooth on this one, I would need it badly. I just can't get it to work. I'm so frustrated, I'll explain this short:

- On the bottom of this laptop there is a sticker saying this device has bluetooth.
- Using "add a printer" does not help, because it cannot find any bluetooth.
- I went to Acer website and downloaded the latest drivers for this laptop version, but it could not install, because "Bluetooth device cannot be found".
- There is no mention of "bluetooth radio" or any mention of "Bluetooth" in my Device Manager / "Network Adapters" tree either.

BUT: What my system DOES HAVE is the following:

- In "Services" both Bluetooth Service and Bluetooth support is 'enabled' (not 'manual').
- I found a file in C:\Windows\system32 called 'fsquirt', with bluetooth logo on it. Double clicking on it does not help, because when I tried the options, I only got: "The file could not be sent because the connection could not be established. Check to make sure Bluetooth radio is plugged in".
- I do have pre-installed a Bluetooth Tray Application in "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe". Hovering over it, it says "Broadcom corporation" and "6.2.0.9700".

Still I cannot get my Bluetooth to work, no matter what-and it seems my whole computer cannot even find any Bluetooth at all.

What can I do, is there anything that can help?

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

If you a Bluetooth device installed it may not show in Device manager.

If you choose Device Manager SHOW HIDDEN Devices it may help.

There should be a MAC address for the device, I have 3 devices with a MAC address, Ethernet port, WiFi and Bluetooth.  So perhaps you can establish yours.  Number of devices, and then ethernet cable plugged in and working and then not, should be giving some more clues.

If in doubt please ask.

• Vugar
    Vugar Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello. Same problem.
    the bttray culdnt be started
    the btvstack couldnt be started
    what to do?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Vugar you should start a new thread for your question. This thread is nearly three years old now. Include your full model number, describe the problem you are having and what steps you have taken so far to fix it. If you would like you can pin me to the new thread by adding @billsey to the content.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.