Acer Aspire 5733Z

Options
Carolyn2602
Carolyn2602 Member Posts: 2 New User

My Acer Aspire 5733Z, since being returned from the Acer service centre in Sydney, is not charging properly when turned on. When I plug the cable in the power and charge lights flash and the computer does not chrage until I turn it off and plug the charger back in. I can then turn the computer back on (after 10 mins) and it continues charging. If I turn it back on earlier, it will stop charging and the lights will again flash. The adapter was replaced last time it was at the service centre. 

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks! 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

You sure that's not a 5733Z?

Have you started it with just the charger? Battry removed.

• Carolyn2602
    Carolyn2602 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Oh yes, sorry! It's 5733Z. Yes, it works fine with the battery removed, and being plugged in. It charges when turned off, and after being turned off for more than about 15 mins, I can open the lid and turn it back on and it continues charging perfectly. But, if I turn it back on earlier than 15 mins, it will stop charging and both lights will flash constantly. 

It's at the service centre now - for the third time in three weeks. Each time it goes away for a week is a week my son can't attend his school of distance education online, so it would be wonderful to finally get this issue fixed. 

Thanks so much!  Smiley Happy 

• Elkino2003
    Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Options

Have you ever experienced any power cut out when you remove the battery?

when a battery is removed and the machine is charging with  direct adapter, most often, some errors are bound to happen when adapters are mistakenly unplugged too.