Acer Aspire 3470G Stuck in Reboot Loop

peteym5
peteym5 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer Aspire 3470G. It has 4gb memory. AMD Quadcore CPU. 500GB HD and 2TB hard drives, both Hitachi brand. 1 DVD drive. When booting up it gets past the "Acer" splash screen, then a list of hard drives, then shows this Raid set up screen. Right after it beeps, then reboots. Windows 7 is installed on the 500GB harddrive

I pulled out the BIOS battery then put it back in. I pulled the hard drives out and hooked them up to another computer via an USB connecter and external power. Was able to look into the directories and verified all the folders and still present. I did notice it took almost a minute before it was able to access the 500gb hard drive that has the Windows on it.

I attempted to re-install windows, but both the Windows 7 CD and Windows 10 installers just get partway booting the installer, then the computer totally reboots. I do not believe it is a problem with the Windows intallation because the computer does not get to the Windows splash screen before rebooting.

EDIT:  Tried booting the computer with hard drives disconnected. Tried pulling out the CMOS battery and putting it back it. Continued to get the reboot loop.

Additional Information: FM2 socket AMD Quadcore CPU. daa751 Motherboard.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you disconnect all the HDD and try to boot, do you receive a missing bootable device error?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • peteym5

Yes, it does. Reports something like "No bootable device, replace and reboot." The computer is put away as we are using another computer right now."

• IronFly

honestly i suspect an HDD fialure or RAID issue.

i would try to re-install windows if possible or buy another HDD and install windows.

• peteym5

Tried the hard drives on another motherboard, they boot up and attemp to load windows. Of course Windows will have an issue because it detects new hardware and needs to be re-installed.

It never got to the point of loading windows, it immediately reboots the instant right after it goes past the RAID screen.

• IronFly

try this:

boot to BIOS pressing Del key, switch from RAID to AHCI (SATA options), press F10 to save and exit, try to boot from your old HDD.