Acer AX1430G will not boot up.

Options
countrykid
countrykid Member Posts: 2 New User

When I booted up this morning my desktop said it was taking a dump.  I tried rebooting and received error "Reboot and Select proper boot devise or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.  My PC did not come with any disk.  Everything was already loaded.  So I downloaded the boot disk from the internet.  Then booted using that and now get message "Missing operating system".  So I downloaded the Windows 7 Home Preminum.  Still get same error.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

with the windows 7 DVD, boot pressing F12 and choose CD/DVD as bootable device; if it boots, go ahead and choose to repair your PC.

follow this instructions to repair startup issues:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

if this doesn't work, i suggest you to create a bootable USB or CD media from Hiren's boot cd .iso

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
    unzip the zip file, burn the .iso file to CD or USB pen/external HDD
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD/USB on your PC, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB

then select mini-xp

once in mini-xp, you can recover your files from the HDD to an USB media flash, just to be safe.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • countrykid
    countrykid Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I did not recieve any disc when I bought my computer new.  Everything was already installed.  The only flash drive I have will is a ScanDisk and it will not allow me to format it, so the Hiren's instructions did not work either.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you said: So I downloaded the Windows 7 Home Preminum

did you press F12 at boot with DVD inside and choosed to boot from DVD?

the sandisk must be formatted....why you are not able?

by the way, you can create a CD from Hiren's boot CD.

I'm not an Acer employee.