Acer ATC-220-ES51 POssible to do dual monitors

Options
Thaiwoo
Thaiwoo Member Posts: 2 New User

Looking at purchasing an Acer ATC-220-ES51 to replace my 10 year old PC which I have been running in a dual monitor setup. So I would like to purchase a PC that has this option.

This PC has a VGA and a HDMI port. Can I run both monitors together in a dual monitor setup using those two ports?

Also while at it, how many SATA ports are inside the PC?

Thanks

Rene 

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

With this being such a new system I am not sure 100% about how to answer and hope that someone that may have already bought one and did the testing can tell you...

I know that if the ES51 is the one I think it is with the A10-7800 Amd APU that has the Built in R7 I know that the wording for the CPU is Vague. I did try and get ahold of one of my friends with the APU that has the A10 and find out. However it seems that his Number has changed since we last spoke last month.. 

I know that when he had his A8 he said that he had to buy a AMD HD 6670 to do a dual monitor setup. He had said that with specs he couldn't do more then types he found or it would just turn off the built in Graphics... I know that when I did a CPU look up for Intel i3 that supports 3 displays with the A10-7800 it took out the info for supported amount of displays.. So I wonder if that is because there is no built in multi for it I don't know? 

About the Sata Headers I am sorry I haven't seen the MB of that to know for sure. Maybe someone that has one will crack on open to look inside. However some people just don't want to open the computers until the Warranty is up to be safe incase something goes wrong. So its kind of new. I am sure there is someone out there willing only time will tell.....

James

• Thaiwoo
    Thaiwoo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks James. I looked at the PC in Staples tonight and the sales guys said sure dual monitor should work since it has two outputs.........???  Unfortunatly it was not hooked up otherwise I would have called them bluff and asked to hook up a second monitor.

I was able to look inside the case on the side cover cooling holes using my flashlight app and I could see 4 SATA ports, two were used. It also has 4 memory slots of which 2 were ocupied from what I could tell.

Don't really feel like buying a PC and then having to go and get another videocard installed. Had a PC with dual monitor setup on order with Bestbuy with Black Friday pricing and over a week later I get an e-mail saying they did not have enough in stock when the order was placed. They cancelled the order :-(

Not worried about the warranty by opening it up. I have a SSD from the old PC ready to install.

Hopefully anybody has tried it and can provide feedback as they currently have it on sale for a good prive IMO.

Rene

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Sounds like a good PC. Sadly I spent to MUCH $ for the Holidays and don't help with my Ani is also in Dec so Yeah cash is kind of Tight but I may look into one myself. I have enough PC really but well I like to have MORE... I know that a couple i have support 3 displays never had more then 2 connected on them but support is there..... I have some GeForce GPU that support 4 but only a couple of times every had 3 going most only 2.... 

I think it is time for a new Acer with more Sata ports and maybe down size my network of computers... If I find out or if you do find out about how many displays I will post it as I hope you will as well....

James