Acer 5733z DVD-RW DVRTD10RS default settings

Elkino2003
Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

Acer Aspire 5733z

SNID: 12421079616

I have recently updated my dirvers  and everything is working very well but my PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD10RS region settings was ignorantly changed. 

It works very well. Windows recognizes it when booted. The tray opens when ejected.

The major problem:

It cannot read all DVDs or some CDs when discs are inserted.

Please can anyone help me to set the region back to its default settings?

Currently I have chances left to change them.

Thanks for your cooperation

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately I can't tell you with 100 percent certainty what the default setting was.  I can only assume.  I assume it was set to UK.  Either that or you set it to UK when you first bought the computer.

Some DVDs are multi-region.....and that may be the reason why you were able to play.  Some DVDs are not multi-region.  It probably depends on the movie studio and a DVD by DVD basis.

To be honest, I live in the US and have only lived in US.....and only bought DVDs from US......so maybe someone else can give you a better (more informed) answer.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• Elkino2003

Thank you Jordan for that but which would be best option?

I purchased Acer Aspire 5733z from Walmart in Uk(2012) and brought it to Ghana

So I'm sure the region settings were set to Uk standard and it worked perfectly while I have been using it in Ghana here.

In the previous or default settings, the hardware could read all discs

Question:

Should I set it to the Uk code? Or

Which of the country codes can make it go back to the default settings?

Right now I have four chances left.

Any idea about this?

Thanks for your cooperation.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately I can't tell you with 100 percent certainty what the default setting was.  I can only assume.  I assume it was set to UK.  Either that or you set it to UK when you first bought the computer.

Some DVDs are multi-region.....and that may be the reason why you were able to play.  Some DVDs are not multi-region.  It probably depends on the movie studio and a DVD by DVD basis.

To be honest, I live in the US and have only lived in US.....and only bought DVDs from US......so maybe someone else can give you a better (more informed) answer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Elkino2003

Thanks for your honest answer.

I'll try the uk region code