AXC-603G will not restart from Windows 10 and other apps, won't recognize DVDs

Options
warrenhottie
warrenhottie Member Posts: 3 New User

I got an AXC-603G Refurbished desktop from Walmart about 5 months ago with an extended warranty. It will not restart by itself by the Windows restart nor in some of my applications so you have to shut it down manually. Is there a way to fix this without sending it back.

It also does not recognize DVDs from the beginning. I am on Windows 10 now upgrade after I got it with 8.1 so is there anyway to fix these on my own?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Check if disabling fast startup will solve your reboot issue:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • warrenhottie
    Options

To the first reply, it says in the linked item that it does NOT apply to Restart. It also did not restart when I got it initially when I got the computer in Windows 8.1.

To Jordan the second reply, what will a system recovery or  a restore achieve for either? The DVD drive did not start from the first day and also did not restart the very first day when it had Windows 8.1 I think at this point the best thing to do would be to return it and it has an extended warranty. What do you think? I was hoping not to have to return it but a system recovery will achieve what?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if the problem was still present on windows 8.1, it's probably an hardware issue, not software related.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Well, since you bought refurbished, someone might have setup the region wrong on your DVD player.  If you reset to factory default, it will give you an opportunity to set the correct region.  You get a limited number of opportunities to change the region.

I have no idea if that's the problem with your DVD, but regardless of what you do....you will want to reset it to factory defaults and choose "fully clean the drive" especially if you decide to return it (to protect your privacy).

I'm just telling you what I would do.......if I were in your shoes.    Smiley Happy

• warrenhottie
    Options

Thanks so much Jordan. I assumed that it would just play the DVD and I do not remember if I went to PowerDVD but maybe I think I did. I know that I had to do an update PowerDVD which happened to my delight since I didn't purchase it online but of course already installed. I also assumed that it would be this Region but you make a valid point as even though I purchased it through Walmart.com that it would be this Region but of course you know what they say about assuming things. I read your replies on other threads and can tell that you know computers very very well. So, next time I am on my desktop. I will try it and let you know what transpired as it could be another setting somewhere else too.Smiley Very Happy