AXC 603G sound problems

Options
westdakmarv
westdakmarv Member Posts: 4 New User

I got this a few days ago and everyhting was great until last night and today, it sounds like someone is using a fax machine over my computer whenever I play music.  It doesn't matter whether it's speakers or headphones, You Tube or windows media.  I spend at least 60-70% of my time listening to music outright or in the background while I do other things.  So if I can't fix this I'm going to get rid of ithis PC. That's how annoying this problem is.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ctrl-Alt-Del to load Task Manager
    Scroll down and look under Background Processes to find 'Intel(r) Technology Access Service'
    Right click and choose 'End Task'

or 

to have it permanent, you must edit service at startup

on windows 8

press windows key logo + r

type

msconfig

go to service tab

Untick Intel(R) Technology Access Service

Apply

OK  

Restart

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    This issue has been reported after installing some recently released windows update.
    Currently the option to perform a system restore to previous date. You can also try uninsatlling the windows updates manually from control panel > windows update. The exact windows update KB is unknown. Microsoft is currently working on this issue.
    If the issue persists you may try reinstalling the audio drivers from Acer eRecovery management.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• westdakmarv
    Options

Thanks for the help.  I tried system restore when it first popped up.  That fixed it for a while but it came right back an hour or so later, I suppose after an automatic update had installed itself.  I am not going to go through that everytime I want to listen to music.  I just now got done installing every update  I could find on my list.  The problem is still there but only infrequently, not nearly as frustrating as before.  At least I don't feel like chucking this thing out the window. I'm going to keep an eye on it for a while to see what happens.  I have a long-standing acquaintance with Murphy's Law.  That law states that this problem or something even worse will pop up two days after it's too late to return this thing.   

Thanks again from West Dakota Marv.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ctrl-Alt-Del to load Task Manager
    Scroll down and look under Background Processes to find 'Intel(r) Technology Access Service'
    Right click and choose 'End Task'

or 

to have it permanent, you must edit service at startup

on windows 8

press windows key logo + r

type

msconfig

go to service tab

Untick Intel(R) Technology Access Service

Apply

OK  

Restart

• westdakmarv
    Options

Thanks! I just listened to "Another Brick n The Wall" all the way through on You Tube, followed by a couple of Romanian pop songs on Windows Media.  Not so much as a burp or stutter. Kudos for now, but this thing is like a drunk rodeo clown.  It just won't go away.  If I can do the same thing by tomorrow night I'll know the trains are on time again and I'll make sure you get the credit for it.

Thanks again, West Dakota Marv

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Once you perform system restore, you may turn OFF windows for one week till new updates are released.

Here's the steps to turn OFF windows update 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/turn-automatic-updating-on-off#turn-automatic-updating-on-off=windows-8

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• westdakmarv
    Options

Problem solved thanks to IronFly.  It's been 24 hours and the beast has not reared its head again.  Many Thanks!!

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome. Smiley Happy