AXC-115-ER43 after windows 10 upgrade stuck in logo screen

catalinb
catalinb Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi!

I have an Acer AXC--115-ER43 that came with Windows 8.1, AMD A4-6210 APU and 4GB DDR3 (which I upgraded to 8GB). I updated the BIOS to latest, according to product's page.

Few days ago I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 and after the Windows 10 assistant (or whatever is called...) said that CPU/RAM/DISK are fine, the upgrade started and finished apparently OK. However, once the system reboot, it is stuck in the logo screen. I do have hard drive acctivity, and it looks like the system is loading. I tried to troubleshoot the issue and I can boot using the troubleshooter  that gives you startup options, etc. and I can use the command prompt mode. However, I cannot use the safe mode, because even if I set that option, the machine is stuck in that logo windows. I even removed the wireless card, and my keyboard/mouse are wired.

Searching on Acer website, I found that apparently this machine model is supported to Windows 10, but not for Windows 10 Anniversary Release, and I guess I'm being upgraded to this Anniversary release. I couldn't find WHY this machine does not support Windows 10 Anniversary Release.

Anyone could give me some ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• catalinb
    catalinb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

I was not able to do an in-place upgrade. In the end, I did a full reinstall of Windows 10 using a USB and Media Creation Tool. This Acer model AXC-115-ER43 does support Windows 10 Anniversary Update, all drivers were install properly after few windows updates.

Thank you!

Answers