ATC 780A UR11 Stuck at "Choose your keyboard" screen

Options
_rodan_
_rodan_ Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

The machine will not boot past this screen....Have created a windows media creation USB and tried to reinstall windows..during installation windows has to reboot...and I am back to the Choose your keyboard screen

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

which windows OS version are you trying to install?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

windows home 64 bit

• IronFly
    Options

home 7 -8- 8.x ?

how did you create your installation media?

• _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

Windows 10, I downloaded the windows 10 tool to make a bootable USB flash drive and reinstall windows

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

• IronFly
    Options
    When windows ask to reboot, unplug the USB flash drive and check if it's able to continue the installation
  • _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

Ther4e is no other option than reboot, It gives a count down and has a button that will allow for a reboot prior to the reboot countdown completing.

• IronFly
    Options

ok but if you unplug the USB flash drive and press reboot what happens?

• _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

It attempts to reboot and returns to a blue screen asking to choose keyboard, I choose US and it goes to a screen to continue booting which will return to the Choose keyboard screen, or I can choose trouble shoot where I can load command prompt and see that windows was installed. I have tried using acronis to load an image and once the process is completed I try to boot up the machine and back to the Choose keyboard screen, I then use the command prompt and can see that the acronis image has been loaded. But when the machine boots it returns to the choose keyboard screen.

• IronFly
    Options

what happen if you press Alt+F10 keys at boot?

• _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

It starts to reboot....Says "Please Wait" .... circle of little dots rotate and a flash of a rectangular medium size border (black background) just prior to blue screen "Choose your keyboard Layout"

• IronFly
    Options

and you can't go further?

• _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

Yes, can't go any further, stuck in a loop. I was going to get an M.2 SSD anyways so I ordered on and it is supposed to arrive today. Will install then try to install windows on it. I was wondering if this has anything to do with EUFI, I don't have any experience with it.

• IronFly
    Options

no, UEFI is ok for windows 10.

if you are going to use the M.2 SSD as windows installation disk, please disconnect the HDD before installing windows.

• _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

OK, will do.....thanks

• _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for telling me to disconnect the other hard drive. I loaded windows on the SSD np. I then connected the hard drive to use as a slave and the computer booted to the Choose your keyboard layout screen. I left it there so I chose "US" and ended up at the troubleshooting screen. I used the command prompt from this screen to delete and reformat the hard drive. I rebooted and the boot completed. I used my image software to recover the c drive. I updated all files, reimaged the drive and things are good now.

Thanks for your time and help.

_rodan_

• IronFly
    Options

Good to hear it!

Enjoy your M.2 SSD speed.

• _rodan_

Tinkerer

Options