ATC-710 - unable to permanently enable PS/2 keyboard/mouse emulation in BIOS

mk217
mk217 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

I am trying to install Win7 in ATC-710 but fails to identify USB kb/mouse once the OS started. I have no issue in Win10.

I have to set to enable the PS/2 kb/mouse in BIOS each time the PC rebooted in order to recognise the kb/mouse.

Any suggestion to overcome this issue or anyone successfully installed Win7?

Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mk217

Thanks for your reply.

Just to let you know that the system does not recognise any USB devices except kb/mouse after Win7 starts.

So I have to type the details you required.

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_10001025&REV_31

Unknown device

ACPI\MSFT0101

• IronFly

the missing driver is the USB3.0 controller, the other is Intel trusted platform, you can run Intel driver update software and download the suggested drivers:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

about only KB/mouse not recognised is pretty strange, have a look if you have an USB legacy enable/disable option too

• mk217

Thanks for your suggestion.

Maybe my issue explaination is not clearer.

This PC is built for Win10. I'm trying to clean install Win7. I have managed to install but KB/mouse is not recognised as well as other USB ports. It didn't even recognise any USB drives. In order to KB/mouse to function, I have to go to BIOS each time the PC reboots to enable the PS/2 keyboard/mouse emulation. This is tedious. I have even consulted with ACER supports and they have confirmed that Win7 is not supported and they have also tried and failed to install Win7.

My question is why there is an option to enable the PS/2 keyboard/mouse emulation in BIOS but unable to save it permanently in BIOS. Why do we have to enable it on every reboots?

• IronFly
    BIOS bug for sure, you must be able to save the setting.
  • IronFly
    Have you already checked if any BIOS update is available on Acer support website?
  • mk217

Agree with you. Bug in BIOS. No update so far. They were not able to come up with conclusion and ended the conversation saying Win7 not supported.

• IronFly

There are some hardware configurations that windows 7 can't handle (missing drivers) and there's not support from manufacters, by the way is not your case.

• kccomputer
    kccomputer Member Posts: 1 New User

Fixed... For those that understand...

Set bios Secure boot-Disable, Lanch CSM-Always, Boot Filter-Legacy,ps2 K/b Mouse-Enabled.

This will allow one boot... Boot Aconis 14 15 or 16, Recover Win7 64 from a backup.tib ((Universal Check on.))

After reboot, Goto Bios set ps2 K/b Mouse-Enabled. This will allow one more boot.

When you enter windows 7, let drivers stablize. (Important DONT NOT REBOOT) you will have to start over.

The driver you need is... <<<sp78032.exe>>> this HP Driver will install USB 3.0 so when you reboot and it flips the (PS2 K/b Mouse back to Disable) the windows 7 64bit will have the driver.

Just FYI I did finish all drivers but one before the reboot, Just incase you just do the USB 3.0 and It doesnt work.

Help with Other Drivers???

Goto the Device/details/hardwareids of each device and copy it into google to get the drivers or use a DRPS CD

Recommend Download drivers from driveridentifier.com

[edited to comply with guidelines]