ATC-705-uc52 video card upgrade

Options
erothoff
erothoff Member Posts: 7 New User

I have a ATC-705-uc52.  I need 3 monitors for work. I have a Nvideo Geforce GT520 PCIe x16 that worked great with my old machine but when I put it in this one, the monitor doesn't come on either the built in Video card (Which I assume was disabled when I inserted the Nvideo card) nor the Nvideo card. What am I missing.

Thanks

Best Answer

• erothoff
    Answer ✓
    Options

I did finally get this to work. Turns out Windows 8/10 boot program's default video driver doesn't work with this card. When I let the computer run and boot (Without seeing anything) it found the video drivers, and worked on reboot. And if you have a dual boot system, you have to do this for EACH Windows Boot System that you have. Hard but it does work

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Probably your old graphic board is not UEFI compatible.

PS: IIRC, you can switch between Intel HD graphic and the graphic board but they can't work together.

France
  • erothoff
    Options

Is there a way to turn Legacy mode on with this computer so I can use my video card? Nvidia was first confused by my question about UEFI Ready Video card, then suggested that I turn Legacy Mode on. I could not find it anyplace, and of course Acer doesn't have any information at all about their UEFI firmware. (Or Motherboard Specs, Serial ATA port types, PCIe type, USB port type, etc)

• erothoff
    Answer ✓
    Options

I did finally get this to work. Turns out Windows 8/10 boot program's default video driver doesn't work with this card. When I let the computer run and boot (Without seeing anything) it found the video drivers, and worked on reboot. And if you have a dual boot system, you have to do this for EACH Windows Boot System that you have. Hard but it does work