ATC-705 query re Revo One

Options
tkavan
tkavan Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

When I fire up my desktop in the morning I get a popup saying Revo One is not connected, and I should connect it and log on.  Is there a way to stop this?  (I'm not really sure what Revo One is.)

Thanks,

Tom

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK well I looked up the Acer Drive, I am not sure if it was something that came as a part of your system... However I nstalled the Acer drive. Then I wanted to check. If you go to Control Panel Programs and then Look for Acer Drive, you can uninstall it.. Or faster way is to click the start button. Then go to all apps Then acer, Then right click Acer drive and pick uninstall. Then it will take you to the Area stated above and then click to uninstall it and the problem of that pop up should go away after your next restart... 

Sorry I didn't know as I haven't ever installed the program before today... 

Hope this Helps

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Is it talking about a connected drive that isn't around any more?

Bring up your file explorer and see if there is a drive that has an x on it called Revo? Like this one at the bottom of this screen shot?

Screenshot (80).png

If there is right click it and disconnect it.

James

• tkavan
    Options

No, this is a new computer with nothing external connected to it.  I may have done something during setup that makes it think I have a Revo that should be connected, but I don't know!

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Can you take a screen shot of what your talking about so I have a better understanding? I am not sure why a new 705 would be talking about another system durning setup unless it was setup in a NETWORK and maybe not connected now... That was why I posted what I thought it could be... 

If you don't know how to take a screen shot you press the windows logo key and print screen at the same time. Then that will be saved in a Folder in your Pictures folder under Screenshots.... 

Maybe look in your computer under All Settings, System, Then Under Notifications & Actions and see if there is something listed in there that is sending this Notification.... Also could be under Devices, Connected Devices?

Might have better insight if I could see the Info in a Screenshot...

James

• tkavan
    Options

Here it is... it appears during startup (along with one about OneDrive).

tkavan_Revo One popup.jpg

• RevoMaxx
    Options
    That has me! I don't have a Acer drive. I wonder if you or a family member that uses your login has and that is why the error? I do some digging see what I can find.. sorry want better help.

James
  • RevoMaxx
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK well I looked up the Acer Drive, I am not sure if it was something that came as a part of your system... However I nstalled the Acer drive. Then I wanted to check. If you go to Control Panel Programs and then Look for Acer Drive, you can uninstall it.. Or faster way is to click the start button. Then go to all apps Then acer, Then right click Acer drive and pick uninstall. Then it will take you to the Area stated above and then click to uninstall it and the problem of that pop up should go away after your next restart... 

Sorry I didn't know as I haven't ever installed the program before today... 

Hope this Helps

James

• tkavan
    Options

Nice detective work, James!  I did what you said, and the popup is gone.  

I don't know how AcerDrive got installed... probably something I clicked in my initial setup a few weeks ago.

Anyway, many thanks for the help.

Tom

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Your welcome and happy to be of Help. Thank you for leting everyone know all is better now... Anytime anything happens there are always people willing to try and help. 

Happy Computers Happy People

Happy Holidays

James

• Ozzy13
    Ozzy13 Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

Hi,

I just bought an Aspire TC-220 and encountered the same problem.  All I could find was that Acer Drive is used to connect to Revo One which is an Acer mini type computer.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why it is included with desktops; but, once I removed Acer Drive in the Control Panel setting, all popups stopped.  Happy Computing!!

• pregopoulos
    pregopoulos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Yes - it came in my new computer.  I am seeing this all over when I search this question.  My question is, why doesn't anyone from "Acer" know why this is on our brand new computers?!!  It must be there for a reason!

• Rat
    Rat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I would uninstall it. Here is the link for the Revo One Drive my Predator G3 New out of box had same boot issue and it didn't come the mini pc they sell for $300 and up. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/revoone . Uninstall and forget you ever seen it.

Matt