ATC-605-ES31 - System recovery questions

Shadowx
Shadowx Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi! My English isn't that great. I hope you'll understand.

Long story short: Malware/ransonware, tried to wipe out the virus, wasn't sure if I suceeded or not so I decided to do a system recovery.

When I get to Acer Recovery Management (I have the discs), it asks to select between two restore types. The first one is "Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults" and the second one is "Completely Restore Computer to Factory Defaults".

Knowing that I want to make sure I get rid of the virus, which one should I choose?

I'm not going to lie, I already did the first one, but only because the second one (which sounds like it does more things if I read the description right) was saying "Please remove all files from your hard disk before starting. This function will not work if there are any files on the hard disk." and I don't know how to do that.
Should I do the second one and if yes, how do I remove all the files like it's asking me to?

After I did the first one, my files (pictures, documents, etc) were still on the drive which makes me think that the first option wasn't "enough"...

Thanks!

Answers