AT3-605-UR21 - New Motheboard

Options
nbehnken
nbehnken Member Posts: 1 New User

Can anyone point me to where I can obtain a motherboard for an acer AT3-605-UR21?  It appears I have the 6 beeps of Death.   Acer apparently wants to charge me to even find out where I can replace their slightly over a year old defective hardware. 

I made the mistake of suggeting this unit to a friend; until they had problems and I take it apart to standard troubleshooting (psu test.. test ram ... etc) and I find the PSU has some cluster 12 pin power connector.  Six beeps indicates a failed keyboard controller.    I am very unhappy as they will lose their windows 8 license and I will have to order a standard psu  and hope most of the connectors can be hooked up to this proprietary nonsense and a new copy of Windows.

My other option is to part the ram, hard drive, cpu and wifi card out and build a new machine with it.  Either way very dissapointing for a machine that a senior couple spends a lot of money on only to fail this quickly.

Regards,

Nick

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,082 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

I don't see 6 beeps in the list of beep codes.

a failed keyboard controller = I/O controller

The original motherboard is:

DB.SPY11.001MB.INTEL B85 512M-GD3 INTEL C

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by tchat or by phone.

You'll need the full S/N or SNID.

France