AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI message appears on boot up

Options
mlcastillo89
mlcastillo89 Member Posts: 2 New User

I've have an Aspire x1300 for many years. The only mods I've done to it is add a new graphics card, a MSI radeon R7 200. For the past couple months, every time I boot up "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI" appears on the boot up screen and doesn't do anything from there. The only way I can start my comp is to go into the bios menu and back out. I looked up many options and the only one that makes sense is to update the bios but there are no drivers available for my model on this site. Does anyone have to right bios update for me or a proper solution? please help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/1180;-;Aspire%20X1300

click on BIOS tab, be aware that those updates are only for BIOS version Rxxxx

one thing i would try is to change the CMOS battery, probably a low charge battery can have this kind of behaviour.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mlcastillo89
    mlcastillo89 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Unfortunately both suggestions did not work. I updated my BIOS and replaced the battery on my MOBO. It still says "Update to DMI" and does not start up. Are there any other fixes that you can suggest?

*I just found out I need to reset my CMOS settings to default. Is this what I was missing when I replaced the battery?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

normally taking off the CMOS battery do a CMOS reset, by the way try to do it, it will not harm your system.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • thewizardofahhs
    thewizardofahhs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

If you can't boot up because of the error message it's a bit difficult to flash the BIOS