ACER Aspire XC-215 Power button flashes nothing else happens

Erskineblue5
Erskineblue5 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi

I recently upgraded my Desktop PC to Windows 10 and a few days later when powering up the machine, the power light began flashing and apart from being able to hear the HDD spin and the fan in operation, nothing else happens. No signal reaches my monitor ( by HDMI or standard video connection ).

The flashing power light is instantaneous. I have tried resetting the BIOS in the standard fashion to no avail.

I have removed the HDD and it works in another PC ( boots into Windows 10 )

Any suggestions? because other wise I fear I am left with a useless metal box!

Answers

• Hello,

Hmmm... there is a new bios:

BIOSAcerFix system no boot and power led blinking after W10 Upgrade.P11.A32.8 MB2016/01/21Download
    France
  • Erskineblue5

Yes, I saw that on the support page, and perhaps the BIOS is the problem, however, given that the machine won't start, it only reaches the point at which the power light flashes, how do you suppose I upgrade the bios. (I have downloaded a copy onto another machine)

• how do you suppose I upgrade the bios?

It's a good question.

--- out of voltage and no external devices connected ---

First I would try a Clear cmos with the jumper CMOS1.

France
  • Erskineblue5
    Thanks again Laurent but I have already, as I said above, cleared the bios ( my doing what you suggested ) and it has had no affect.
  • I have requested the help of a technician. For me, you need a "reserved" procedure.

France
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    I looked to see if I had another BIOS that you could try, but did not see a version other than the ones posted online. My best suggestion would be to contact technical support in your region to inquire about repair options.
  • Erskineblue5

HI,

I'm not sure if you dont understand, but I cant try ANY Bios. When I boot the machine, it goes no further than a flashing power button - so I cant do anything?

*The fan spins

*the HDD spins

*the monitor remains dark (no signal reachiing it)

nothing else happensSmiley Sad

thanks

• Blayn-Acer

Sorry if my post came off the wrong way. I do understand, but if the system does nothing at all, I don't have any type of recovery tool that can get it to boot. There is just nothing I am able to provide to resolve this issue without repair. 

• Erskineblue5

I see. Thanks anyway.

When you say repair, do you get the feeling that it may require a new motherboard? (and will such work be able to be undertaken under warranty) - The PC is less that 1 year old.

regards

• Blayn-Acer
    I do suspect motherboard, but it is hard to say without seeing the system. Generally, these issues would be covered within 1 year of purchase. You will need to refer to the warranty terms that came with your product or tech support in your region, as these terms can vary.