ACER Aspire 7750G fan not turning

vjeko1701
vjeko1701 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Hey. I've been having a problem. My Acer 7750G fan isn't turning. Some temporary solution of the internet suggest I should flash my BIOS. There's nothing wrong with the fan, it's been tested on other power sources.

Do you know any other solution. If not, can you help with with flashing my BIOS?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi vjeko 1701

If you've proved the laptop fan is working, go to support for your region, go to "Drivers & Manuals" & enter your model details. Click on the BIOS tab to see if there is an update.

However, if it only recently stopped working, try using system restore to go back to a date when it was OK. It may be possible that an update or program you installed could have corrupted something.

Finally, if the fan still refuses to work, it may be a motherboard issue & would need a repair specalist's attention, although this is less likely the reason!

• vjeko1701
    vjeko1701 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Well, since I've posted this, I tried three different versions of BIOS for my laptop. Also, I had some motherboard issue, so I had to replace it. The fan didn't work on either motherboard. Also, it doesn't even start to spin, so I don't think it's any of the installed programs.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've already taken it to the repair shop this friday, I expect some news on monday.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

OK, lets hope they can solve it.

Let us know how you get on!