ACER 603G forgotten password / BIOS hell

Options
phyregold
phyregold Member Posts: 2 New User

Well you can offically add me to the list of will never buy an ACER again.

I need to remove my windows password because well my kids forgot it.

Anyhow here's my story. I've removed windows passwords from boxes.. oh around 50 times....

So introducing this wonderful machine.

I do my normal thing, make a bootable cd - figure I load linux up and remove it.

Well no go, I guess CMS or CSM or whatever is disabled...  Okay so I learn all about legacy boot options and "how to turn them back on".  Well CSM isn't an option in the BIOS at all.  Okay so how do I fix that... a BIOS flash, great I found it!

Oh ***** wait, I can't boot to any command prompt or OS because I don't have CMS, how do I get around that?  Oh Acer has a OS utlity (alt + F10)... GREAT!!

Oh wait... in order to get to command prompt I need to use the windows account...that I don't have the password too..  Jokes on me!

Well okay let me give this a go, lets make a bootable DVD  & USB thats compatible with UEFI  & BOIS... no go..

Yep 3 1/2 hours and jokes on me.

How do I do anything here.  How can I flash the bios on this PC without being able to get to windows?

Answers

• phyregold
    phyregold Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I'm not trying to be rude, but the EFI CD and USB were on my statements of things I tried to do.  it was my last line.

Well okay let me give this a go, lets make a bootable DVD  & USB thats compatible with UEFI  & BOIS... no go..

• RevoMaxx
    Options

When you made your Restore did you also make your Password recovery Disc? If not you can or should be able to do a Factory restore..... 

WARNING!!!!!!! This option will REMOVE all files and data from your computer

Use the following steps to reset Windows 8:

1. From the login screen, click the power icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
    2. While holding Shift, click Restart.
    3. Click Troubleshoot.
    4. Click Reset Your PC.
    5. Click Next.
    6. The system will reboot and begin Preparing to Reset the PC.
    7. At the Reset your PC screen, click Just remove my files. (FULLY CLEAN MY DRIVE; (This Option Takes a Long time))
    8. Click Reset.

Hope this Helps...

James