18-error: unable to start a secure flash session

redial110
redial110 Member Posts: 3 New User
Spoiler

recently update the window8 to window10, but very soon the computer colaps, not able to boot, don't  even POST.

after search on the internet, i reflash the bios with SPIPGM. the computer come back to live, but the system would shut off in a hour each time i power on the computer.  then i try to reflash the bios according to the acer bios update , the computer always give me an alarm, 18-error: unable to start a secure flash session. any hlep would be  appreciated.

Best Answer

• redial110
    Answer ✓

after use fpt to flash the bios with a older version, then i am able to run the bios update. 

Answers

• redial110
    Answer ✓

after use fpt to flash the bios with a older version, then i am able to run the bios update. 

• paulwm6
    paulwm6 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

How did you run fpt ? can you advise of command line and which fpt you used ?

Paul

• redial110

it's been quite a while, i don't remember the detail now. but i believe i did with the dos version,  

something like(  fpt -d biosbackup.bin -bios  ).  you can find a lot of topic about how to dump the bios with fpt.

i guess the reason i have this error is my bios has been updated to the latest version, when you try to dump the bios, the fpt goes to check the bios version, if the version is higher or the same  you try to dump, then it will give you this alarm.