acer will not provide me with A3-A30 stock firmware how come ?

Options
Joycie840
Joycie840 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I emailed Acer asking for a download link for my tablet and they would not provide me with one my tablet is playing up and the reset is not sorting the problem all they said was send it for repair but I am more than capable of fixing it with the stock rom so why am I finding it so hard to get its just not right I will never buy from Acer again that's a promise

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have requested the ROM be posted for this product. I would check back with our support site in about a week to see if the file has been posted. It will be posted under the OS section after you select your product.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have requested the ROM be posted for this product. I would check back with our support site in about a week to see if the file has been posted. It will be posted under the OS section after you select your product.

• icw35
    icw35 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I also need this. Can you please tell me where I can get it?

I bought a "allegdly" refurbished A3-A30 from Argos e-bay. When I boot into fastboot it says:

PRODUCT_NAME - omega

VARIANT - A3-A30

HW_VERSION - 

BOOTLOADER VERSION - unknown

UEFI VERISON - 1.0.6

SERIAL NUMBER - *****************

SIGNING - ?

SECURE_BOOT - ?

E:No valid installer medium found

To me it looks like this has been tampered with? Will reflashing the stock firmware correct this?

Please post the link to the stock A3-A30 ROM so I cna at least try and restore.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]