Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

i think is not possible.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rqt
    rqt Member Posts: 18 New User

I think you'll be needing a MiFi type device (WiFi 3G Modem/Router) to acheive what you want - unless you can find a USB 3G modem that has Andoid drivers that will install on the A1-810.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

rqt wrote:

I think you'll be needing a MiFi type device (WiFi 3G Modem/Router) to acheive what you want - unless you can find a USB 3G modem that has Andoid drivers that will install on the A1-810.

It's not going to be as easy as you assume. The USB port doesn't have a host mode, so can't act as host for a MiFi device, even with appropriate Android drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rqt
    rqt Member Posts: 18 New User

The USB port is not needed AT ALL for a MiFi device - it communicates with the tablet through wifi - so would be easy to use.

A USB modem would need drivers- & I realise that one with Android drivers would not be easy to find. The USB port on the A1-810 does have (at least partial) host mode (USB On the go) & can be a host at least for hard disk drives, USB drives, USB card readers. It didn't work with a DVD drive when i tried it. I have no idea whether it could be made to work with a USB dongle.

Overall MiFi is the easy effective way to go, USB pretty much a dead loss.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

I agree with rqt, MiFi is a good way to solve this request.

A1-810 has USB-OTG support for external storage and mouse/keyboards but not 3G USB dongle, at least with stock ROM.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • adeelimpex
    adeelimpex Member Posts: 1 New User

am acer a1-810 dead after low battry tap connect mt65xx preloader driver