Unreadable Internal Memory

Options
dgbDAN13
dgbDAN13 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi guys, I just wanted to ask if you can help me with my problem on my Acer Iconia Tablet B1 - A71. My problem is that i installed the appropriate USB driver for my tablet like the manual/instructions said. But the thing is It says that after the installation process i can already see the icon of my tablet on "my computer" as a portable media device but it never appear on it. I followed all the steps on how to install the USB driver compatible for my B1 - A71. I am using windows XP so i followed also the instructions gave by acer that i need to download Windows Media Player 11 regarding to the installation of this process but still it won't work. I am not using any SD card in my tablet as in no SD card inserted in it. I just wanted to know how can i fix this. Thank you for reading. I hope i will get a reply to anyone who knows this issue. Please and Thank you again.

Answers

• inuya5ha
    inuya5ha Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Options

Dan, I never installed nor inserted the driver CD, but when I conected the Iconia B1 A71 tablet to Windows XP (SP3), I waited a few seconds and the tablet appeared as a new portable device in Windows Explorer. Inside that device I found the items Internal SD and External SD, and both are perfectly accesible. I was glad to see that working so flawlessly and neat, instead of the usual removable storage items we are used to.

I suggest you to uninstall whatever driver you installed, and restart. Also, it might help to insert any kind of MicroSD card, at least temporarily, in the tablet before connecting the USB cable.

• dgbDAN13
    Options

Did you try to connect your tablet without your SD card? I just want to know if the tablet will be recognize even without SD card. Thank you for the reply.

• inuya5ha
    inuya5ha Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Options

It worked also without the microSD, however when I tried to connect the tablet to my netbook with Win XP it was impossible to get the MTP device driver working. I tried everything and still got the error "The required section was not found in the inf".

After many hours of trial and error, I got it working. I suggest you to take these steps:

1. Uninstall all USB devices and restart (optional step, probably useless)
    2. Uninstall WMP11 (how to) and restart
    3. Install the Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit and restart (optional, but strongly suggested)
    4. Install WMP11
    5. Reconnect the tablet, and wait for the MTP device to be installed.

After that your Iconia B1 should be perfectly detected and you should see the Internal SD only if you don't have a microSD inserted.

• dgbDAN13
    Options

I did the step you gave me but still it doesn't work. Smiley Sad

I have waited too long if the MTP will automatically install after i followed the steps you gave but it didn't appear in "my computer". I don't know what to do. Please help me again. 

• dgbDAN13
    Options

The process you gave didn't work directly but i found it necessary anyway still thank you very much for the help. Thank you for giving your time on this issue. I found out the solution. I did just go to device manager by right-clicking on "my computer" then properties then hardware then click device manager then find the appropriate portable device then right-click and then update driver. Then that's it. It work. I can see now my internal memory. Thank you agian very much hope to work you again if there will be a problem. (Hoping not to have one though. Smiley Happy)

This discussion has been closed.