Uninstall PreInstalled McAfee

Options
judysfchoi
judysfchoi Member Posts: 3 New User

How do you uninstall and completely remove the McAfee antivirus that is already pre-installed inside the table?

I currently have a separate McAfee product that can be used with all my devices which I would like to install onto my Acer Tablet.  So far, this is what I have tried::

I have "forced stop" and "uninstall" the pre-installed McAfee originally on the tablet, then sent the link from my McAfee account to activate the product I want installed.  Unfortunately, the tablet does not want to accept the new product and continues to reapply the pre-installed version.

Please help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

instead of uninstall (i thought you can't uninstall a pre-installed application without rooting), try to disable:

settings/apps

tap on the application you want to disable, select disable (sometimes it will ask to uninstall application updates to disable, you can press OK and then the application will be disabled)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • judysfchoi
    Options

Actually, that's what I did and it didn't work... wrong terminology, I "Disabled" the app (not "force stop").

I once spoke to a tech support who guided me on uninstalling but none of the tech supports I've spoken to this time, have been able to help... and unfortunately, there's no notes in their system for them to refer back to.

I kinda recall that there might've been a separate app needed to remove the preinstalled McAfee.  I'm not sure.

Anyone familiar?

• IronFly
    Options

As far as i know, you can't unisntall a pre-installed application if in system folder, you need root permission to do it and can't be discussed here, since it will avoid warranty.

• judysfchoi
    Options

Ahh, that's a waste.  Thank you though.

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome. Smiley Happy